skinney school trousers

Quoted post

2016-01-07 19:01

I think you need to seriously think about your children's future this school like many others are trying to educate our children and to help them be ready for the world of work.  If they have been isolated it's because they are refusing, I was informed about the trousers being checked before Christmas my child's form teacher told them.

Are you going to complain when they get a job and have a uniform to wear? Just like Joy said the school is just trying to enforce a sense of pride in our children, wearing uniform helps all children feel part of the school community. My child has told me its more about the ones who are clearly wearing leggings they are the ones who spoil it for the others.

As parents we should be supporting our school and telling our children that they should be wearing the correct uniform as required just as we did at school after all we are the parents. 

We should be good role models for our children, we should be wanting them to have more than what we have, to have better jobs and futures; surely I'm not the only one who wants my child to be successful in life?

Replies

#26 Re:

2016-01-07 19:18:03

#24: -  

I agree with that also but what difference does it make in the inch of trousers . And both my kids go 2 this school in full uniform and right eqipment everyday and if a child needs punishment then fair 2 it. Black trousers not leggings r black trousers 

Laura P

#31 Re:

2016-01-07 21:09:10

I totally agree and it's interesting how the better educated parents seem to as well. If you value education and want your child to succeed you recognise that sometimes you have to do things you do not want to. The petitions is barely literate so we can see how well the originator has been educated, maybe you don't see the point but others do.

#53 Re:

2016-01-08 20:54:22

Joy

#55 Re:

2016-01-08 21:01:30

I agree with this.  We need to have pride in ourselves andpride in our kids.  This gives them more confidence in themselves and eventually their kids. X 

#60 Re:

2016-01-08 21:32:56

Agree x

#68 Re:

2016-01-11 19:38:29

I totally agree rules are there for a reason, would you disagree with a work place sending staff home for wearing the wrong uniform , i for one would be sent home if i didnt wear the correct clothing even if it didnt stop me from doing my job. The school is preparing our children to enter the work place .