Save Grove School Uniform

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Grove School Uniform.

#26 Re: Re:

2016-02-06 10:58

#18: Mrs G - Re:  

Yeah students are thought of so highly that's why they are not allowed through the hall no more and have to walk around the building to get to lessons . I bet teachers don't have to go out !!!!!! And student entrance door  is not open in the morning , yet again students are thought off NOT  !!!!!! 

Kim Jong-Un

2016-02-07 00:08

I am very muchly happy with the way that Grove leadership treat your sons and daughters in your country. Should any of them be displaced, I have very good position for them. 

2016-02-08 10:53

Keep it real !!!!!

2016-02-08 18:34

This new uniform is awful, the colour of the blazer looks old and faded next to the black trousers. The 'Google '  badge looks rubbish, why change what isn't broken. Why let year 11 design the new uniform when they don't have wear it!! This school has gone downhill..

Anonymous

2016-02-08 19:24

Don't know what this head teacher is trying to achieve. The uniform now is smart the new one looks cheaply made and tatty. I hope this decision is over turned!
Mrs J

2016-02-08 20:11

My children both left the Grove school a few years ago before the introduction of the current uniform. I always commented how smart the black uniform was/is compared to the old sweatshirt/polo shirts that my children used to wear. When the change came, it was lovely to see the children around the town looking so smart but looking at the proposed new uniform, it really does look dire!  Logo looks like it was designed by Google and grey is such an outdated look, really awful. I think the present uniform is perfect, why change?!!  Surely the childrens' vote to keep things as they are counts?

2016-02-08 23:36

My daughter started the grove in sept 2015 we payed alot of money for her uniform were told there would be a change in logo nothing else... i think the proposed uniform looks cheap and tacky and as for the logo its a copy right of google by the looks of it ... the headteacher should listen to the pupils ...keep the black uniform its smart and she should concentrate on the ofsted report !!!!

2016-02-09 07:34

Having 3 teenagers I always dread buying uniform as its so expensive. I have always had to be savvy and shop around last summer I was able to get good quality black Blazers from the tin shed for £10 each then get the logo from school. Without this option I could never afford all the uniform. This blazer they want to introduce will put financial pressure on hard working families like mine it's already difficult enough. There is nothing wrong with the black blazer they are smart and the children like them, why try and change something if it's not broken.

2016-02-09 10:48

Think the new uniform is dated. Much prefere the black blazer they have now. But if we must change then at least leave the blazer black.

2016-02-10 10:50

What's happened to democracy ???
Why have a vote then ignore the result ???

2016-02-10 13:28

Looks terrible

2016-02-10 15:38

Uniform looks dull head teacher has made a bad choice

2016-02-11 22:20

There's absolutely no need for a change of uniform, marking 50 years of the school can be done in many other ways without forcing parents to fork out more money.

2016-02-25 20:20

I'm not sure how anyone can claim that "most of the students didn't vote for the uniform", how do we know this? Have the results from the vote been posted anywhere? And as for Mrs Taylor, well she seems to have already improved the performance of students during her short time at Grove! 

2016-02-25 22:04

Cos Mrs. Taylor is a lizard reptile and she only wants a uniform change to distract parents of the secret lunch time cannibalism conspiracy.
A new year seven's mum

#41 Re:

2016-03-07 09:46

#5: -  

I agree

#42 New Year 7's

2016-03-07 11:44

Why have the new year 7's not been asked their opinion? They're the ones that will have to wear the new blazer for a whole year while the rest of the school wear the old design. It is daunting enough starting a new school without being segregated by wearing a different uniform to the rest of the school. The fact that it looks cheap and awful will not help.

I was looking forward to getting my daughter her new uniform. I was Googling it when I stumbled across the new design. I felt really dissappointed in it and I feel it will have a negative impact on the experience for all new year 7's.

I agree with other comments on here. Keep the black blazer! Including the option to source own blazer and sew on logo. Why such a drastic change? It's costly, unnecessary and unsightly.

2016-04-07 15:59

I have 4 children and it will be too expensive to be paying out that sort of money every time they have spurt growth,now you cannot buy it anywhere else cheaper.Also looks awful and not smart at all.The head needs to concentrate on other aspects of the school that needs attention rather than costing parents stupid amounts of money. 

2016-04-19 08:20

because they change the uniform so many times.. people can not afford changing them all the time..

#45 Re:

2016-07-25 15:32

#21: -  

Because Mrs Taylor wanted the grey one she did the vote as a formality what the students want or parents don't come into it with her she needs to go work in a boarding school somewhere