Hands Off Hartlebury Common

Quoted post

Steve McCarron

#989 Management

2011-07-19 23:55

Tonights subject is management, apparentley?
The term management refers to the systematic "management" of the common. This has not happened before. Children may have planted trees Carol and utility companies pruned trees away from power lines. Gypsies derived grazing but as the common was useless, there has never been a real and concerted effort to "manage" the site for any real use. No management, just bit's of work here and there with no concerted plan. Which is why WCC say there has been no management for 100 years, or they did?

McCarron

Replies

CAROL

#992 Re: Management

2011-07-20 00:56:57

#989: Steve McCarron - Management

I dont think children have planted the trees but i am gonna be asking questions to a couple of older stourport folk who will remember dont know why you deleted my last post as it was a question abouy the common the common has been managed for years but not to the extent that it is now i grew up by habberley valley and you often saw rangers down there working if i remember correctly there was a rangers hut in the middle of the valley.

I will let you know what i find out if you have the desencey to listen but please remember other people may find it of interest.