Save The South London Oshwal Property

/ #29 Haria

2016-04-13 09:58

I have been in south for few years now and have noticed that the there is nothing attracting the younger generation to go to the hall: Its ether for the young – ie those who go to the school, or the old the ones who are retired. The only time I really make an effort to go is during Paryushan and the Diwali show

There is nothing attracting me to go to the hall on a regular basis. There are no demonstrations, competition, quiz nights, dinner and dances, plays……..

I have seen that there are activities being held but these are during the week and in the day time how are the ones who work supposed to attend?

Also I feel there is nothing attractive for the 20-60 year olds. It may be too late to consider / start activities in the evening or weekend now but when they relocate there has to be more activity for 20-60 year olds otherwise the situation in years to come will be the same ie the hall will only be used for religious functions, Gujarati school and the ad hoc function.  

I see comments that the parking is not a problem – but I have heard many say that this is why they are not going to the hall. I know there is good transport links to the hall, but like me (and I am sure many youngsters) will agree that they don’t want to be dressed in the traditional outfits and be traveling on public transport.