Hands Off Hartlebury Common

steve mccarron

/ #1298 Reply to me from steve yandall

2011-08-03 00:22

Steve,
the emphasis on 'saving' whatever is man made is a huge indictment of our species in the context of a similar emphasis NOT being put on truly wild environments.
I love to see beautiful creations but not at the cost of compromising eco systems.

Biodiversity,in the NE sense,is more to do with the niches man has created to allow natural access than the real bio support structures.The UK species 'carrying capacity',had man not been present,would be a fraction of what it is now but NE have confused what is here with what should be here and created a huge 'guilt'which feeds their existence.NE DO NOT welcome new additions to our 'human eco system species bank'but publicise/mourn the loss of species that have taken advantage of our presence to gain a foothold in the past!A dichotomy they need to account for and a dichotomy that keeps them funded.

The real issues of species depletion are NOT being tackled by NE/DEFRA.Only the issues that feed their agenda.For instance the declaration to HLF(to gain £14m funding)that heathland degradation was accounted for by horse riders/motor cyclists .This justified fencing etc to start the human exclusion process.How different would this have been had NE(EN then)been truthful in admitting that grant aid was totally unaccountable and that little management had been applied to these areas whilst those overseeing the aid failed to make the scheme work by avoiding accountability?Our money being used to bolster the standard of living of a few with NO payback whilst NE blame the public!!!

NE wish to suspend environments.The presence of Bracken/scrub,on heathland, are the indicators of successional movement thus are also indicators of NE's inability to manage the suspension they are targeting.The current trenche of agri/env payments still lack accountability/monitoring thus are no different to past wasted schemes EXCEPT they now wish to exclude large numbers of the public to land they have a right to access.

I have not touched on chemicals/agri practises/land grabbing/population growth etc which are generally unobstructed by the establishment and to which public objections are obstructed!

You are right.To "fuckwits" add sociopathic tendencies!

Steve.